Goals of the Environmental Education Center
by admin — last modified 2007-09-26 13:12
- To provide place-based information about environmental quality, biodiversity, and natural history of the region as well as the wonderful recreational opportunities.
- To integrate environmental education across the disciplines at Morehead State University.
- To aid teachers and MSU faculty of all subject areas to integrate hands-on interactive environmental education, endorsed by the National Council of Accreditation of Teacher Education, into the curricula, and raise test scores.
- To play a role in connecting people to a natural setting by creating an accessible experience.
- To increase environmental literacy for all of Kentucky.
- To provide students with a sense of pride in their Appalachian heritage by providing the opportunity to understand their connection to the land around them.
- To promote the natural beauty of the area and ecotourism activities.